Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Shopping Adventures of Cheapo McFrugalpants


"Hello, My name is Cheapo and I'm addicted to free."


Look kids! Cheapo is even cheap on Sunday! After looking at the CVS flyer, Cheapo didn't know if she would be able to pull through this week. But, Halloween is around the corner. Can you tell what Cheapo might be handing out to trick or treaters this year?


Yep! You guessed it! And since the candy deal limit is 5, Cheapo will be SURE to have enough goodies for all of the little costumed boogie oogies.

Here's how Cheapo got all
of this:

8 pk. Extra Gum: $1.00
4 Bags of Dove Chocolates: $12.00 - 2 BOGOF printable Q (sorry, I don't think these are available anymore) - $5.00 ECB (Spend $10 on candy, get $5 back)
1 bag of Airhead Minis: $2.00
1 105 ct. Twizzlers: $5.00 - $5.00 ECB (same deal)
18 ct. Alavert Allergy Med: $5.99 - $4.00 printable Q - $3.00 ECB
CVS Handsoap: $1.69 - $2.00 printable CVS Q
2 Greeting Cards: $5.98 - BOGOF printable Q
(click on Printable Coupons)

After paying with Q's, printable CVS Q $2/$10 and $14.99 prior ECB's - her grand total with tax was $2.36! She even received $13.00 back! Cheapo's total would've been even less had she not forgotten about a birthday party today. Should have planned ahead Cheapo! *tisk, tisk*

Keep watching for more "Shopping Adventures."

3 comments:

~michelle pendergrass said...

Hmmm. I didn't think this week was going to be that great. I might have to reconsider. I think I might have some of those Dove BOGO's.

Toni said...

I thought the same thing at first - but the candy reeled me in :) You wouldn't belIEVE how much candy we go through here on Halloween. Whew!

Rosebud Collection said...

You are a smart shopper..not cheap..
I call it, using the head, not the wallet..good for you..